As Canada's first PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) from 1999 to 2020 and now continuing in PMI's Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program, Procept has a longstanding relationship with the organization that spans many chapters and "components" for over two decades.
Below are a few examples of the ongoing support work we do for the chapters.
- PMI Norther Alberta Chapter (PMI-NAC) - Sponsored the 2018 Professional Development Conference)
- PMI Sourthern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) - Sponsored the 2018 and 2019 Professional Development Conferences
- PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter - Sponsored the chapter most recently in 2017
- PMI Southwest Ontario Chapter (PMI-SWOC) - Sponsored the chapter's 2008, 2016, 2017 and 2018 PMI SWOC Symposiums, plus many past events over the years
- PMI Canada's Technology Triangle Chapter (PMI-CTT) - Sponsored chapter Professional Development Day events multiple times over the years (latest 2018)
- PMI PMI Lakeshore Chapter (PMI-LOC) - Sponsored the chapter's 2016 Annual Symposium
- PMI Southern Ontario Chapter/PMI Toronto (PMI-SOC) - Sponsored many events over the years, most recently with the chapter's 2016 Agile Executive Forum
- PMI Durham Highlands Chapter (PMI-DHC) - Donated project management books and audiobooks for the chapter's student outreach conference at Durham College over several years
- PMI Ottawa Valley Outaouais Chapter (PMI-OVOC) - Sponsored 2017 National Capital Project Management Symposium
- PMI New Brunswick - Sponsored many times over the years (e.g. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- PMI Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter - Sponsored an event in the early days of the chapter's formation.
Procept's instructors and consultants have volunteered their time to PMI chapters, components, and even PMI itself as officers, directors, members of various committees and contributors to PMI standards development. Here are just a few examples:
- Keith Farndale (Procept's Founder), is a past president (c. 1992) and program chair (approx. 7 years from 1991 to 1997) of the PMI Southern Ontario Chapter. He also managed the PMP exam prep classes for the chapter for several years starting in 1991 and taught them periodically until 2010. For PMI global, he proctored the Toronto PMP paper-based exams from 1991 until they became electronic several years later. Keith also volunteered his time to teach PMP exam prep classes for the PMI Southwest Ontario chapter.
- Darya Duma has participated for three years on PMI's REP Advisory Committee, was an active member of a PMI Southern Ontario Chapter committee, and delivered free PMP Exam Prep sessions for members of two Ontario chapters from 2002 to 2005.
- Janice Petley was on the board of PMI New Brunswick Chapter for two years.
- Kevin Aguanno was a participant in the creation of PMI's Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) standard.
- Peter Monkhouse is past Chair of PMI's Board of Directors (6 years), past Chair of the board of PMI's Educational Foundation (6 years), a PMI global volunteer in many positions over the years, and a past president of the PMI Southern Ontario Chapter.
- Vijay Verma has been a vice-president and president of the PMI Canadian West Coast BC Chapter as well as positions on the PMI Book Review Committee, on the PM Network Editorial Review Board, as sesison chairman, track chairman or member of the technical program committee for various PMI Global Congress events, publicity manager of a PMI Regional symposium, and Initiated the PMP examination preparation course offered by PMI West Coast BC Chapter in partnership with Simon Fraser University. Dr. Verma was also the Chapter Lead for PMBOK Guide Review-4th Edition to update and revise Chapter 9 on Human resource Management.
- Ori Schibi was founder and co-chair of the PMI Toronto BA Community.
- Sylvie was one of the founding members of the PMI Durham Highlands chapter, was on its board for over 12 years, was co-founder of the chapter's mentoring program and volunteered her time to start the PMP Overdrive program wherein she prepared chapter members to pass the PMP exam.
Procept and its instructors regularly provide — free of charge — presentations at monthly chapter events and at annual professional development days. A partial list of chapters that have benefited from this support includes:
- PMI Canadian West Coast BC Chapter
- PMI Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC)
- PMI North Saskatchewan
- PMI South Saskatchewan (Regina)
- PMI Manitoba Chapter
- PMI Southwest Ontario Chapter (PMI-SWOC)
- PMI Canada's Technology Triangle Chapter (PMI-CTT) - including at the chapter's very first meeting
- PMI Lakeshore Chapter (PMI-LOC)
- PMI Southern Ontario Chapter/PMI Toronto (PMI-SOC)
- PMI Durham Highlands Chapter (PMI-DHC)
- PMI Ottawa Valley Outaouais Chapter (PMI-OVOC)
- PMI New Brunswick Chapter
- PMI Nova Scotia Chapter
- PMI Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter
- PMI Abu Dhabi Chapter
- PMI Atlanta Chapter
- PMI Austin Chapter
- PMI Baltimore Chapter
- PMI Buffalo Chapter
- PMI Central Iowa Chapter
- PMI Delaware Valley Chapter (Philladelphia, PA)
- PMI Greater New Orleans Chapter
- PMI Hong Kong Chapter (including the chapter's first meeting in 1999)
- PMI Lagos, Nigeria Chapter
- PMI Los Angeles Chapter
- PMI Melbourne Chapter
- PMI Minnesota Chapter
- PMI Nashville Chapter
- PMI New Jersey Chapter
- PMI Orlando Chapter
- PMI Puget Sound Chapter
- PMI Rome, Italy Chapter
- PMI Sacramento Chapter
- PMI Seattle Chapter
- PMI Shanghai Chapter
- PMI South India Chapter
- PMI Tampa Bay Chapter
- PMI Regional events
- Various PMI Global Congresses (2011 to 2017)
- Various PMI webinars
- Various webinars for PMI's ProjectManagement.com