A senior consultant with proven strategic, leadership and influencing skills, Alan Summerfield has significant experience in change, programme and risk management. As an Axelos-accredited consultant and trainer, his focus is on supporting organizations while they improve benefits delivery through portfolio, programme and project management; mentoring CEOs and executives in their roles as programme and project sponsors; assisting the governance of individual transformation and complex delivery programmes; undertaking independent assurance reviews of organizations and specific programmes; and delivering accredited training in portfolio management, risk management, programme and project management , change management, and benefits management.
He has worked in senior general management roles across a number of disciplines in the BBC, restructuring and managing significant numbers of staff, managing budgets of between £10 million and £50 million, and leading change in key areas of the business. His last role in the BBC, heading up Policy and Compliance in Corporate Security, Environmental Management and Health and Safety Management, saw him working at an operational and strategic level in policy setting, compliance, business continuity and emergency preparedness, and quality assurance.
He has earned an impressive array of qualifications including:
- Registered Consultant in MOP, MSP, PPM and MoR
- Programme Management Practitioner in MSP
- Practitioner in Management of Risk
- Practitioner in Portfolio Management
- Member of the Business Continuity Institute.
- Member of the Institute of Consulting.
- Certified Management Consultant
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Diploma in Company Direction IOD
- Certified Change Management Practitioner