ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. It provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
ITIL is used by organizations worldwide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. Service management is a set of specialized organizational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organization's capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organization is merely a bundle of resources that by itself has relatively low intrinsic value for customers.
This course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT services. It is accredited by, and follows the syllabus specified by AXELOS. This online ITIL Foundation course culminates in an optional one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a prerequisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Diploma in IT Service Management.
Participants will receive:
- Study Materials - The course is divided into 6 chapters, which include study guides, chapter tests, podcasts, terms and concepts for each chapter, and white papers.
- Videos and Case Studies - The course includes 37 high-quality videos and 5 case studies.
- Study Aid Mobile Apps - The course includes two accompanying mobile apps to help you study, available in both iOS and Android versions:
- ITIL Terms - You can use this application to test your knowledge of terms and concepts covered in the course. For ease of use, the application gives the user the option of selecting a term and finding its definition. It also gives the definition and ask the user whether they know the associated term corresponding to that definition.
- Chapter Tests - The application has a questions based on chapters of the course. The number of questions to be attempted can be selected from relevant chapters to begin the test, with a maximum of two attempts. The test is a multiple choice question (MCQ) format with the correct answer having a justification to rationalize the answer.
- Simulated Practice Tests - The ITIL Foundation Certification is the first step towards achieving the ITIL Intermediate Certifications, and, ultimately, to becoming an ITIL Expert. Therefore, it is important to understand the structure of the ITIL Foundation Exam. This will help you score well on your first attempt, making it easier to move on to the advanced certifications. This ITIL Foundation simulated test has a countdown timer, and includes buttons to move to the next question, previous question and view all answers. The exam also allows you to mark questions, so you can review them later. It provides all the features of the real ITIL Foundation Exam, and it evaluates your answers to identify your strong and weak areas, and shows you how much time you spent each question. With this online course package, you get access to two 1-hour simulated exams.
- 6 Months Access - You have lots of time to review the material and prepare to write the exam. The course purchase includes 6 months of access to the materials.
Please note that this course package includes the real ITIL Foundation V3 exam registration fees. Once you have completed the course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your exam. The exam can be taken anywhere as it is proctored online using a webcam. The exam cannot be sold separately.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is best suited for senior IT and business executives, IT management, staff, consultants, project managers, business liaisons and others interested in learning about IT Service Management.
There is no prerequisite for this course.