The 4-day ITIL® Service Offerings and Agreements course is an independent certification and is also a step in the preparation for the Managing through the Lifecycle and ITIL® Expert certifications. You will gain detailed knowledge of ITIL® V3 guidance on development and on-going management of:
- Service Offerings - those service which your organization is able to provide
- Service Level Agreements – commitments to provide stated levels of service to specific customers.
The Processes and activities studied during this class will provide you with the information and skills you need to participate in the selection of Services based on clear financial and business benefit analysis and to design a solid SLA framework which will meet your needs and support Continual Service Improvement. We’ll also cover Service measurement and reporting as well as the recommended contents for Service and Operational Level agreements. Exercises are used heavily in this course to re-enforce the concepts and provide practical examples and experience.
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- A deep understanding of Service Management Practice and Service Offerings & Agreements Principles
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the Service Offerings and Agreements curriculum: Service Portfolio Management, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, Financial Management, Business Relationship Managers.
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle phases such as Incident and Change Management
- Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within Service Offerings and Agreements
- Service Offerings and Agreements roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
- CSI as a consequence of effective Service Offerings and Agreements
Who Should Attend
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Offerings and Agreements course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Would like a deep understanding of the processes involved in offering Services and creating and managing Service Level Agreements.
- Need to understand how correctly managed offerings and agreements may enhance the quality of Service Support within their organization.
- Are working in, or about to enter, an IT Service Operation environment which has adopted ITIL®.
- Will be contributing to Continual Service Improvement in an service environment.
- Staff who work in the areas of Service Portfolio Management; Service Catalogue Management; Service Level Management; Demand Management; Supplier Management; Financial Management and Business Relationship Management.
- Are seeking an ITIL® Expert certification in order to gain the benefits of ITIL® principles throughout their organization.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
At the end of the course, participants will write ITIL® V3 Service Offerings and Agreements examination. This is an eight question, scenario based, multiple choice exam on which delegates are required to score 70% to be awarded ITIL® V3 Service Offerings and Agreements Certificate.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, suggested solutions and practice exams.
What You Will Learn
Services Management as a Practice
Key Principles in Service Offerings and Agreements
- Value Proposition
- Processes across the Lifecycle
- Metrics and Measurements
- Challenges and Critical Success Factors
Processes Involved in Service Offerings and Agreements
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Demand Management
- Supplier Management
- Financial Management
Organization, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Business Relationship Manager
- Service Catalogue Manager
- Service Level Manager
- Supplier Manager
Operational impacts and continual improvements in Services Offerings and Agreements
Wrap up, Mock and Exam