After 15 years of successful delivery and with more than 12,000 successful participants, we have recently launched a new and improved version of this course.
This is our most popular course designed to give new project managers and project team members the essential tools they need to deliver successful projects. We cover the complete project lifecycle: from initiating, through project planning and execution, to project close-out.
As well as great learning experience for an individual, this course is also suited for “jump-starting” an entire project team. Like our other courses, it can be customized to your organization’s environment.LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Identify the “correct” answer to a majority of multiple choice questions similar to the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Remember formulas and concepts through application to real-life scenarios instead of memorization.
- Utilize “tips and tricks” to write PMP exam with more confidence.
- Identify which knowledge areas may need further home study
- Be aware of the PMP and CAPM qualification process
- Further your knowledge of generally accepted project management practices
The Project Management Essentials course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Responsible for managing smaller projects.
- Participants on a project team of any size, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Introduction and PM Context
- Portfolios, programs, projects
- Project success, project life cycles
- Workshops: Project priorities, project success
- Stakeholders and requirements
- Project team, working in a matrix
- Workshops: Project stakeholders, project charter
- Work breakdown structure
- Project Change Control
- Communications planning
- Project Risk Management
- Critical path scheduling
- Workshops: WBS, critical path scheduling, change control, project communications plan, risk management, project schedule
- Roles and responsibilities
- Scope management
- Conflict management
- Leadership and motivation
- Schedule control
- Cost Control
- Workshops: roles and responsibilities, conflict management, schedule updates, reporting and control
- Closing and lessons learned
- Workshops: lessons learned
October 27-29, 2014
$1,295.00 (10% discount before October 17, 2014)
BRING THIS COURSE IN-HOUSE
Call us at 416-693-5559 or 1-800-261-6861 (Canada & USA) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Risk Management Business Analysis Training Project Scheduling Requirements Gathering IT Project Management
ITIL Training Business Continuity Management Project Management Methodology Construction Project Management