As much as you would like it, life never goes to plan. Normally in business, you encounter and resolve problems in your stride. However, would you be able to keep your business running in the face of a major disaster?
There are numerous risks that can threaten the continuity of your business. Beyond social unrest and unstable marketplace, have you considered power price-spikes or shortages, denials of site or data access, even biological, chemical or bomb-threats? What happens if a critical vendor goes down or if productivity plummets with a sector-wide industrial strike?
Business continuity management attempts to answer these questions. It’s essence is to ensure that business operations continue to function even in the event of a disaster or emergency. Does your organization currently have business continuity (BC) in place; is your BC strategy realistic enough to offer practical solutions in the time of crisis? In your last emergency, did you invoke your business continuity plan at all and how would you measure its success? For those that would are in the process of preparing continuity plans, or are unsure if their current plans would work for them in an emergency, this program has been specifically designed for you. Use leading-edge methodology to refocus and enhance your BCM efforts!
The Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management is intended for (but not limited to) those who are involved in the Business Continuity planning, implementation, day to day maintenance, and who will act in the event of a disaster.
Students will leave the class with the information they need to participate in Business Continuity Management Projects, exercise and review plans, and participate in Recovery operations.
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- The function of and the need for Business Continuity Management within an organization.
- The Business Continuity Management Lifecycle.
- The main components of a Business Continuity Management programme.
- The need for Risk Assessment within Business Continuity Management.
- The options for development of a Business Continuity Management strategy.
- How to prepare and develop plans for Business Continuity Management response.
- The need for exercising, maintenance and review of plans.
- The need for embedding Business Continuity Management awareness within the organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The qualification promotes a hands-on approach to Business Continuity Management, making use of current international standards, enabling candidates to make immediate use of the module on their return to their organizations.
The Comprehensive Business Continuity Management Seminar is intended for (but not limited to) those who are involved in the areas of information security and information assurance, including:
- Business Managers involved in the establishment of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Business Assurance and Risk Managers
- All staff members of organizations which provide Business Continuity facilities
- Internal and External Auditors, and Business Process Consultants and Managers
- IT Operations, Service Support, and Service Delivery Managers
- Continuity Planning Project Managers and team members
- Business Continuity Coordinators, Recovery Team members
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a standalone course.
Each participant will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
December 17-20, 2012
BRING THIS COURSE IN-HOUSE
Call us at 416-693-5559 or 1-800-261-6861 (Canada & USA) or send us an email at email@example.com