The ability to write analytically and think critically are important skills for business analysis. The development of solid metrics is another key skill area that distinguishes strong business analysis.
This intensive 2-day course focuses primarily on developing practical key analysis skills such as report writing, data analysis and metric development. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) version 2.0.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Think critically and laterally on issues.
- Analyze business issues and offer recommendations.
- Develop effective metrics for business, process or project objectives.
- Write analysis reports.
- Prepare convincing defense for an analysis report.
- Present using enhanced facilitation and communication skills.
The Analytical Thinking for the Business Analyst course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Business Analysts.
- Business managers with six months experience working in business analysis environments or other project environments.
- Project Managers, IS and IT managers, systems integrators, and management or technology consultants.
- If you have 5 years experience as a Business Analyst with prior exposure to Elicitation and Documentation techniques, you may request to be considered for exemption from completing the prerequisite courses.
- It is strongly recommended that participants take Enterprise and Strategic Analysis.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- What is analytical thinking?
- Analytical thinking process
- Data definitions
- Analyzing data
- Creating charts to analyze data
- Writing a recommendation report
- What are metrics?
- How metrics should be integrated into an organization
- Tips for developing metrics
- Evaluating your metrics
- Creating metrics from qualitative information
- Description of GQM metric development
- Process of developing metrics with GQM methodology
- What are Key Performance Indicators
- Developing good KPIs
- Risk assessment metrics
- Process for developing risk assessment metrics
BRING THIS COURSE IN-HOUSE
Call us at 416-693-5559 or 1-800-261-6861 (Canada & USA) or send us an email at email@example.com
Project Risk Management Business Analysis Training Project Scheduling Requirements Gathering IT Project Management
ITIL Training Business Continuity Management Project Management Methodology Construction Project Management